T.C. Williams is the sole public high school in the city of Alexandria. This main campus is for grades 10 - 12; the ninth graders use the Minnie Howard campus on W. Braddock Road.
A new state-of-the-art building was opened in 2007, replacing the original school that was next door. A parking ramp now sits where the original building once stood.
As part of a technology initiative, every student is provided with a laptop computer. Organic Chemistry is one of many Advanced Placement classes offered.
There are more than 50 clubs and organizations for students to participate, as well as a wide variety of successful sports programs.
- Fax: 703-824-6826
- Hours: School hours: 8:35am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1965
- Number of students: 2,242
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 199
- Grade levels: Grades 10 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: More than a dozen, including organic chemistry
- Extracurricular activities available: Debate, drama, forensics and scholastic
- Student clubs: The school has 55 clubs and organizations for students.
- Sports teams: Football, cross-country, golf, volleyball, field hockey are available in the fall. In the winter, basketball, swim and dive, track and wrestling. In the spring, baseball, softball, tennis, track and field, soccer, lacrosse and crew.