Chances are that if it happens in Del Ray, it passes through St. Elmo's Coffee Pub.
Opened in 1996, this coffee bar and eatery supplies the neighborhood with plenty of baked goods (low-fat muffins being the specialty) and a large dose of caffeine. Sandwiches and lunchtime fare are also available along with a variety of sodas, smoothies and other bottled drinks.
With walls decorated by local artists and a bevy of seating (including a section for children), the warm atmosphere has made St. Elmo's a community meeting place and a common venue for frequent live-music performances.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 10pm; Sat, 7am - 10pm; Sun, 7am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Street-level entrance.
- Founding Date: Apr 28 1996
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.stelmoscoffeepub.com/menu.php
- Specialties: Daily roast coffee, low-fat muffins, fresh-fruit smoothies
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "Del Ray is really easy-going, artsy and friendly too."
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Newspapers, magazines: Yes
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Daily roast coffee, Republic of Tea products, low-fat muffins, fresh-fruit smoothies