Mount Jefferson Park is a thin swath of land that traces the tracks of the defunct Washington & Old Dominion Railroad from Commonwealth Avenue to Jefferson Davis Highway.
From its hidden entrance near Del Ray Animal Hospital to where it crosses East Raymond Avenue, the park is essentially a greenway.
On the other side of Raymond, a lighted and paved path begins flanked by a playground with swings, slides, jungle gym, playhouse and seesaw. The path continues to Commonwealth Avenue with several benches.
- Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Traces route of defunct Washington & Old Dominion Railroad.
- Features: Benches, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Features: Jungle gym, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches