Alexandria’s eight Capital Bikeshare stations became operational on Friday, which was slightly ahead of schedule.
The bikesharing service sent a message to users on Friday afternoon to announce the news. The red bikes, which now display Alexandria’s crest on their frames, were loaded into docks around town throughout the day.
at the following sites:
- King Street-Old Town Metro station
- Braddock Road Metro Station
- Corner of Prince Street and Union Street
- Corner of King Street and N. Royal Street
- Corner of King Street and S. Patrick Street
- Corner of Commerce Street and S. Fayette Street
- Near The Henry at Pendleton and N. Henry streets
- Near at the intersection of Pendleton and N. St. Asaph streets
The city will hold a launch event at 11:45 a.m. on Sept. 19 in to celebrate Capital Bikeshare's introduction to the city.
If you ride the bikes in Alexandria, let us know where you went and what it was like in the comments section.