Police are advising the public to remember this composite is a compilation of facial features, not a photograph. If any of the features in the composite remind you of someone, please contact the police immediately. Keep in mind that the suspect may have recently changed his appearance.
Anyone recognizing the person depicted in the sketch or anyone with additional information about this case is asked to call Sgt. Michael Kochis at (703) 746-6864 or email him at Michael.Kochis@alexandriava.gov. Detectives would like to remind witnesses that they can remain anonymous.
Police have said they are looking into whether there is any sort of connection between three unsolved deaths in Alexandria: Lodato, Ron Kirby last year, and Nancy Dunning in 2003.
Late Friday, a helicopter flew over the neighborhood where the shooting took place Thursday, in the 2400 block of Ridge Road Drive.
Lodato left behind husband Norman and three daughters, Lucia Lodato, 32, Gina Lodato Pelusi, 29, and Carmen Lodato, 20, as well as Ruthanne’s 89-year-old mother, Mary Lucy Giammittorio.
The caregiver for Giammittorio was hospitalized, reportedly shot in the arm in the shooting Thursday.
- Also read:
- Shooting Victim Ruthanne Lodato was Mother of 3, Music Teacher in Alexandria
- Ruthanne Lodato Homicide: Alexandria Police Chief, Mayor Attempt to Reassure Community
- Kirby Homicide: Alexandria Police Chief Reaches Out to Citizens for Information
- Alexandria Police Chief: 'A Lot of Work Yet to be Done' in Kirby Homicide Investigation
- Alexandria Police to Address Nancy Dunning Homicide
- Police Chief: Investigation into Nancy Dunning's Murder Remains Active