.

Verizon Wireless Opens SMART Store in Hybla Valley - Grand Opening This Weekend

Verizon Smart Stores Feature Lifestyle Zones like "Get Fit"
Verizon Smart Stores Feature Lifestyle Zones like "Get Fit"

While cell phones top the list of “most coveted objects,” and 80% of us would never dare to leave home without them, most of us are only using about 10% of the capability of our mobile devices. Imagine the possibilities if we were to put the other 90% to use?

That’s exactly what the new Verizon Wireless SMART Store located in Hybla Valley aims to do by creating a real-life mobile laboratory where consumers can experiment first-hand with new solutions and test out the latest innovations like fitness bands that sync with a smartphone and track distance runs, heart rate and sleep quality; HD wireless nanny-cams that beam images to parents’ phones; and energy saving devices that allow you to turn lights on or off remotely from a smartphone app.

When people come into a wireless store, they are not just walking in to buy a cellphone anymore.  They’re visiting to find wireless solutions to help them lose weight, sleep better, stay healthy, reduce energy consumption, save energy costs, and keep their homes, kids and cars safe. With plenty of interactive space and loads of the latest merchandise, Verizon Wireless SMART Stores allow customers to experience the latest in mobile technology.  SMART Stores also include dedicated learning spaces where free “Wireless Workshops” are conducted daily.  These workshops are a great way to get to know the ins and outs of each device, with beginning to advanced classes, and personalized for each of the four different mobile operating systems – iOS, Windows Mobile, Android and BlackBerry.

Each new Smart Store, like the one in Hybla Valley, features interactive Lifestyle Zones where customers can engage with specialists and experience wireless gadgets, apps and tech gear, running on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, designed to enrich their wireless lives. The Lifestyle Zones include: 

• Get Fit – for the active sports and fitness buff

• Amplify It – for the music aficionado

• Have Fun – for gamers

• Home and On The Go – for home monitoring and energy management

• Anywhere Business – for the mobile professional and entrepreneur

• Customize It – to create colorful covers for smartphones and personalize them with photos.

The grand opening celebration of the new Verizon Wireless Hybla Valley SMART Store will take place this weekend, March 7-9, with special guests, including Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals who’ll be at the store on Friday, March 7 from 4-6 pm, 93.9 WKYS and other surprises and giveaways, including free snacks and beverages.  The Verizon Wireless Hybla Valley Store is located off Route 1 in Alexandria at 7703 Fordson Road, and is open Monday-Saturday from 10am to 9pm, and on Sundays from 11am to 6pm.

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »