In addition, there will be more retail locations than previous years, according to Marketing Manager Kimberley Timberlake.
“We are working hard to expand our alternate access locations by adding new Village Postal Offices, Contract Postal Units and 24-hour self-serve kiosks to our retail network,” Timberlake said
Customers can find those alternate access locations — along with the nearest post office and hours — by visiting www.usps.com and selecting the “Find Locations” tab.
Post offices that are extending business hours from Dec. 13 through Jan.2 include:
- Alexandria Main Post Office, 1100 Wythe St., Alexandria VA 22310-9998
- Fairfax Chantilly Post Office, 4410 Brookfield Corporate Dr., Chantilly VA 20151-9998
- Merrifield Post Office, 8409 Lee Hwy., Merrifield VA 22081-9998
- Winchester Main Post Office, 340 N Pleasant Valley Dr., Winchester VA 22601-9998
- Woodbridge Prince William Post Office, 3360 Post Office Rd., Woodbridge VA 22192-9998
Most post offices will be open Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, but will close at noon. However, the Merrifield Post Office will remain open until 4 pm.
On New Year's Eve, all Northern Virginia Premier Post Office sites will remain open until 3 p.m. To find the nearest one, check the USPS website and search by zip code.
In addition to these postal facilities, customers will have access to postal products and services at Automated Postal Centers (APC) where they can purchase stamps or mail letters and packages in a self-service environment.
Customers also can pay, print and ship packages from home with USPS Click-N-Ship service. The service includes free pick-up. Visit www.usps.com to learn more about this service.