A weekend full of local events to keep you busy this Friday through Sunday.
- Where: Armistead L. Boothe Park, Alexandria
- When: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why Go: Activities will include live music, puppet shows, pony rides, scarecrow making, hay rides, pumpkin painting and more.
- Price: Admission is FREE. See website for details.
- Where: Green Spring Gardens, Annandale
- When: Saturday, 10:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Experience the flavors of Africa by sampling teas from Kenya, Tanzania and Malawi. For ages 18 and up.
- Price: $22 to $24 per person. Registration required.
- Where: Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria
- When: Saturday, noon to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: This family-friendly event will include painting, clay modeling, origami, block printing, a scavenger hunt and more.
- Price: FREE.
Elisabeth von Trapp Concert
- Where: Franconia United Methodist Church, Alexandria
- When: Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Why Go: The granddaughter of Baron and Maria von Trapp will perform original compositions and much-loved favorites.
- Price: Admission is FREE.
Young Concert Artists
- Where: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Alexandria
- When: Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Three musicians from the National Symphony Orchestra Youth Fellowship Program will perform on the harp, flute and violin. Featuring music by Barber, Faure and Ibert.
- Price: Adults $20, seniors $15, students and teachers $10.
- Where: Mount Vernon Recreation Center, Alexandria
- When: Sunday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: This event, sponsored by Whole Foods Market, encourages kids to try their hand at yoga and learn about good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
- Price: FREE.
Virginia Bronze Handbell Ensemble
- Where: George Washington Masonic Memorial, Alexandria
- When: Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Why Go: The ensemble will be joined by the hammered dulcimer, harp guitar, accordion and wooden flute in this “Captivating Carillon” concert.
- Price: Family admission $20, adults $10, seniors $8, children $5.