Check out Patch’s list of local events happening this Friday through Sunday.
- Where: Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center, Alexandria
- When: Friday, 8 p.m.
- Why Go: The program will feature music by Rimsky-Korsakov, Debussy, Ravel and more.
- Price: Tickets are $15.
Scottish Christmas Walk Parade
- Where: Old Town Alexandria
- When: Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Why Go: This family-friendly event will feature bagpipes, kilts, clans and more.
- Price: FREE
- Where: Alexandria City Marina
- When: Saturday beginning at 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Kids can have their photo taken with Santa and free cider and hot cocoa will be available. The boat parade on the Potomac River will begin at 5:15 p.m.
- Price: FREE.
- Where: St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, Alexandria
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Singer-songwriter John Flynn is a contemporary folk artist inspired by the likes of Woody Guthrie and Phil Ochs.
- Price: Tickets are $18 at the door and $15 in advance.
- Where: Lee Center Exhibit Hall, Alexandria
- When: Sunday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: This 38th annual event benefits the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots Drive. All toys and proceeds collected will be distributed in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Price: Recommended donation for each couple is a new, unopened toy or a $10 minimum contribution (singles $5).
Holiday Shops and Craft Fairs:
- Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend Marketplace at George Washington Masonic Memorial, Alexandria. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Christmas Boutique Craft Sale at Heritage Presbyterian Church, Alexandria. Friday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Del Ray Artisans Holiday Market at Del Ray Artisans, Alexandria. Friday, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, noon to 4 p.m.