Those are being used by construction workers for the renovation of the Rite Aid store, according to store employees. The store is undergoing a renovation into becoming one of the chain's "Wellness Stores." The store will remain open, with renovations taking place when the store is closed, according to employees.
The store will become larger — it is expanding into a spot next door, left vacant when the Capital Bagel Bakery recently left the shopping center, after some controversy.
The expanded and renovated store will become a Rite Aid Wellness Store, containing "an expanded offering of clinical pharmacy services and health and wellness products," according to a description of the Wellness Store concept on the Rite Aid Web site.
Once renovations are complete at the Bradlee location, likely by June 1, customers will see lower shelves and wider aisles to help better navigate. Customers will also find:
- Medication therapy management
- Consultation rooms for private discussions with a Rite Aid pharmacist
- Organic and gluten-free foods and beverages
- All-natural personal care and home care products
- GNC nutritional supplements
- Fitness and workout equipment for purchase
- Expanded wellness magazine and book sections