The biggest event by far this weekend in Alexandria is the George Washington Birthday Celebration Parade on Monday, Feb. 18.
The parade starts at 1 p.m. Monday in Old Town.
Much more information about the parade and related events is available at www.washingtonbirthday.net/events.
Plus, stick with Patch all weekend for need-to-know info about the parade and other George Washington celebration events.
Here are a few other things going on you may want to consider this weekend:
George Washington Classic 10K Race (and 2K Fun Run)
- When and Where: 8 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 17. The race starts and ends at the Madison Building on Eisenhower Avenue near the Patent and Trademark Office.
- Why Go: Healthy and fun—and there are prizes!
- Price: $35 in advance; $40 for late registrants.
- More info: www.washingtonbirthday.net/race.
Revolutionary War Re-Enactment
- When and Where: 10 a.m to 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17 at Fort Ward Park, 4301 W. Braddock Road.
- Why Go: Check out a historic camp, demostrations on war tactics and demonstrations throughout the day. There will be a Revolutionary War skirmish in the afternoon.
- Price: Free.
- When and Where: Doors open at 7 p.m. Saturday at the State Theatre in Falls Church. The show starts at 9.
- Why Go: Party like it's 1989! Who doesn't love the late '80s? This is an 18-and-older show. More information here.
- Price: $21
Alexandria Summer Camp Fair
- Looking ahead to next week: Mark your calendar for Wednesday, Feb. 20 for the annual Alexandria Summer Camp Fair.
- Parents looking for options for their children this summer are sure to find a number of possibilities at the fair—5:30 p.m. Feb. 20 at T.C. William High School. Learn more here.