Here’s a glance at weather-related closings and delays in the Alexandria area for Monday, Dec. 9, 2013:
Last updated — 8:30 a.m. Monday
- Alexandria City Public Schools — Schools closed
- Fairfax County Public Schools — Schools closed; offices open at noon
- Alexandria Country Day School — School closed
- Bishop Ireton High School — School and office closed; activities canceled
- St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School — School closed
- St. Mary's Catholic School — School closed
- Commonwealth Academy — School closed
- Immanuel Lutheran School — School closed
- Blessed Sacrament School — School closed
- Saint Rita Catholic School — School closed
— — — —
6 a.m. Monday update — All Alexandria city government services and facilities will operate as scheduled. Employees may take unscheduled leave if necessary. Emergency personnel should report as scheduled.
Federal employees can telework, take unscheduled leave or arrive at offices up to two hours later than their normal start times because of the weather, according to the Office of Personnel Management.
— — — —
Alexandria is under a winter storm warning until 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9. City crews are working overnight in response to the ongoing freezing rain. According to a release from the city, primary routes were cleared Sunday evening. Crews began working on secondary streets around 7 p.m. Sunday.
Dominion Virginia Power was reporting more than 2,200 customers in Alexandria were without power early Monday morning. Outages should be reported to Dominion by calling 1-866-366-4357.