Updated: What's Up With the Metro: Feb. 8-10
A look at what you need to know about Metro this weekend.
Updated Friday 5:55 p.m.
Orange line trains will operate on a regular weekend schedule Sunday as single tracking has been cancelled for Sunday, according to a news release from Metro. However, single tracking will be in effect after 10 p.m. Friday and all day Saturday.
Planning on catching the Metro to get around this weekend? Here’s what to expect.
Only the Red and Orange lines are impacted this weekend.
According to a Metro news release:
- Red Line trains will single track through two work zones: between Shady Grove and Twinbrook, and between Rhode Island Ave and Takoma to allow for platform reconstruction, track maintenance and third-rail upgrades.
- Throughout the weekend, Red Line trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes.
- Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional Red Line trains will operate between Grosvenor and NoMa-Gallaudet, providing service about every 10 minutes between those stations.
- Customers traveling through either work zone should add about 15 minutes to their travel time.
- Orange Line trains will single track through two work zones: between Ballston and West Falls Church for rail joint elimination and fastener renewal, and between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly for platform reconstruction.
- Orange Line trains will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.
- Customers should add 15-20 minutes to their travel time.