Weekend Planner: St. Patrick's Day Parade, Antiques Show and More Events
Things to do in Alexandria and beyond this weekend, March 1 - 3.
The big event in downtown Alexandria this weekend is the 32nd annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The parade is this Saturday, March 2, in Old Town.
The festivities start with a classic car show at 10 a.m., the Fun Dog Show at Market Square at 10:30 a.m.
The parade itself starts at 12:30 p.m. See a map of the parade route here.
Saturday’s weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high of 44 degrees and a very slight chance of rain.
Here’s what else is going on in Alexandria and beyond this weekend:
Alexandria Antiques Show - This event was canceled Friday morning and will not go on as scheduled.
- When and where: 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 1 and 2 p.m. Saturday, March 2 at St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School, 1000 Saint Stephens Road.
- Why go: “The Wiz” is a fun retelling of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” by the Stage One Players.
- Price: $5
- More info here: www.sssas.org/arts
- When and where: Opening reception 7 – 10 p.m. Friday, March 1 and continuing throughout the month at Del Ray Artisans, 2704 Mount Vernon Ave.
- Why go: POWER ART features art of many styles designed to create emotional impact.
- Price: Free.
- More info: www.thedelrayartisans.org
Cabaret for the Friends of the Falls Church Homeless Shelter
- When and where: 7 p.m. Saturday, March 2 at 4301 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington.
- Why go: Dinner, dancing and an auction to support the Falls Church Homeless Shelter. Music with Blue Pop and the Plucker and Sudden P Mac band.
- Price: $35 per person in advance or $60 per couple; $40 per person at the door.
- More info: www.fallschurchshelterfriends.org
Engaged! in Washington
- When and where: 3 p.m. Sunday, March 3 at Decatur House on Lafayette Square, the St. Regis Hotel and the Willard Hotel simultaneously.
- Why go: Meeting wedding vendors, see venues, taste champagne and more as you plan and repare for your wedding.
- Price: $65
- More info: www.engagedmagazine.com
Free Admission to Lee-Fendall House All Month
There are no admission charges at the Lee-Fendall House and Garden during normal tour hours in March. The Lee-Fendall House and Garden is located at 614 Oronoco Street. More information about it is available at www.leefendallhouse.org.