Weekend Planner: Presidents Day Weekend in Alexandria
The George Washington Birthday Celebration Parade is just one of several historic events this weekend in Alexandria.
The biggest event by far this weekend in Alexandria is the George Washington Birthday Celebration Parade on Monday, Feb. 18.
The parade starts at 1 p.m. Monday in Old Town.
Much more information about the parade and related events is available at www.washingtonbirthday.net/events.
Plus, stick with Patch all weekend for need-to-know info about the parade and other George Washington celebration events.
Here are a few other things going on you may want to consider this weekend:
George Washington Classic 10K Race (and 2K Fun Run)
- When and Where: 8 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 17. The race starts and ends at the Madison Building on Eisenhower Avenue near the Patent and Trademark Office.
- Why Go: Healthy and fun—and there are prizes!
- Price: $35 in advance; $40 for late registrants.
- More info: www.washingtonbirthday.net/race.
Revolutionary War Re-Enactment
- When and Where: 10 a.m to 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17 at Fort Ward Park, 4301 W. Braddock Road.
- Why Go: Check out a historic camp, demostrations on war tactics and demonstrations throughout the day. There will be a Revolutionary War skirmish in the afternoon.
- Price: Free.
- When and Where: Doors open at 7 p.m. Saturday at the State Theatre in Falls Church. The show starts at 9.
- Why Go: Party like it's 1989! Who doesn't love the late '80s? This is an 18-and-older show. More information here.
- Price: $21
Alexandria Summer Camp Fair
- Looking ahead to next week: Mark your calendar for Wednesday, Feb. 20 for the annual Alexandria Summer Camp Fair.
- Parents looking for options for their children this summer are sure to find a number of possibilities at the fair—5:30 p.m. Feb. 20 at T.C. William High School. Learn more here.