Weekend Planner: Eclectic Nature, 'Funny Money' and James Madison
Things to do this weekend in and around Alexandria.
What will you do this weekend? Let Patch help you plan with our list of local events happening this Friday through Sunday.
- Where: Little Theatre of Alexandria
- When: Wednesday through Saturday shows at 8 p.m.; Sunday matinees at 3 p.m. (now through Sept. 29).
- Why Go: This British stage comedy by Ray Cooney is about a man who mistakenly picks up a briefcase full of cash.
- Price: Tickets are $17 to $20.
- Where: Eclectic Nature, Alexandria
- When: Saturday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Check out fall and Halloween decorations as well as new iteams from the store's dealers. There will be door prizes, music from Kate Moran, appetizers and beverages.
- Price: FREE.
- Where: Green Spring Gardens, Alexandria
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m.
- Why Go: The Virginia Virtuosi explains how classical music is like a sport promoting teamwork, communication, skill development and the use of specialized equipment. Featuring music by Duke Ellington, Mendelssohn, Rossini and more.
- Price: $2 to $4 per person. Registration required.
- Where: Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall, Alexandria
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Why Go: The ASO’s first concert of the season will feature acclaimed pianist Yuliya Gorenman performing Brahms’s Piano Concerto No. 1.
- Price: Tickets are $5 to $80.
- Where: INOVA Franconia-Springfield Healthplex
- When: Sunday from 9 a.m. from 1 p.m.
- Why Go: Three out of four car seats are installed incorrectly, so please take advantage of this opportunity to have a certified inspector check your child’s car seat and offer advice about proper installation and use.
- Price: FREE .
- Where: Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Old Town Alexandria
- When: Sunday at 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Discuss the political and personal issues of the year 1812 with President James Madison.
- Price: $15 per person; $10 for high school/college students. Reservations Recommended.
- Preschool Storytime at John Marshall Library, Alexandria. Friday at 11 a.m. For ages 3 to 5. FREE, but registration required.
- Circus in a Suitcase at John Marshall Library, Alexandria. Saturday at 10:30 a.m. For all ages. FREE, but registration required.
- Election Movie Series at Beatley Central Library, Alexandria. Sunday at 2 p.m. FREE.