Weekend Planner: Dog Days, Arts Festival and More
Things to do this weekend in and around Alexandria.
Some events in and around Alexandria for your weekend consideration.
Dog Days at NVRPA Waterparks
- Where: Atlantis Waterpark, Centreville; Great Waves Waterpark, Alexandria; Pirate’s Cove Waterpark, Lorton
- When: Saturday from noon to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Dogs get their own day to splash and swim at local participating NVRPA waterparks. Please be sure to complete the form provided on the website before you arrive.
- Price: $5 per dog.
- Where: King Street, Alexandria
- When: Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: This 10th annual event will stretch from Washington Street to the waterfront. There will be a scavenger hunt and art giveaways in addition to works of art on display representing a wide range of styles.
- Price: Admission is FREE.
- Where: Mount Vernon Unitarian Church, Alexandria
- When: Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Melissa Cox and her band’s “Harmonious Maladies” tour comes to an end with this performance in Alexandria. Free will donations will be accepted to benefit Washington D.C.’s Beacon House charity.
- Price: FREE – donations accepted
- Alexandria Library’s 75th Birthday Bash at Beatley Central, Barrett Branch, Duncan Branch and Burke Branch Libraries in Alexandria. Saturday. See website for details. FREE.
- Friends Book Sale at Kingstowne Library, Alexandria. Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Evidence at Martha Washington Library, Alexandria. Saturday at 2 p.m. For ages 6 -12. FREE. Registration required.
- Election Movie Series at Beatley Central Library, Alexandria. Sunday at 2 p.m. FREE.