Some ideas for your weekend in and around Alexandria.
Take a look at Patch’s list of local events happening this Friday through Sunday.
- Where: The Little Theatre of Alexandria, Alexandria
- When: 8 p.m. Friday, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Why Go: Don’t miss the classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge and his ghostly visitors on Christmas Eve.
- Price: Tickets are $15.
- Where: T.C. Williams High School, Alexandria
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Why Go: Area cheerleading teams will compete at this annual event, hosted by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities.
- Price: Ages 13 and up $10; Ages 5 to 12 $5; Ages 4 and under are FREE.
- Where: The Lyceum, Alexandria
- When: 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday
- Why Go: Featuring a sing-a-long, classic carols, original arrangements and more.
- Price: FREE, but reservations required.
- Where: Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Alexandria
- When: 3 p.m. Sunday
- Why Go: Step back into the 18th century with period-inspired delicacies and the museum’s special blend of tea.
- Price: $35 per person. Reservations required.
Holiday Shops and Craft Fairs: