Burglary and grand larceny charges against Marie Maybell Johnson, a suspect in the Feb. 13 murder of Del Ray resident Elmer “Joe” Roehrs, are going to an Alexandria Circuit Court grand jury.
Chief Judge Becky J. Moore of the Alexandria General District Court forwarded the cases Tuesday following a preliminary hearing.
• Interested in getting Del Ray Patch directly into your inbox each morning? Learn more about our daily newsletter.
Johnson, 45, of no fixed address, was arrested around 3:15 a.m. Feb. 14 following a traffic stop in the 1400 block of Duke Street in connection to a burglary that took place at Roehrs’ Holly Street home in November 2012, according to Alexandria Police.
NBC 4 reported in February that Johnson was the only person seen on security cameras entering and leaving Roehrs’ Holly Street home the day of the murder. The home has a history of break-ins and Roehrs and his family installed cameras at the house after it became a frequent target.
Johnson has not been charged with Roehrs’ murder.
Check out these additional Patch stories on the murder and investigation:
- More Details Emerge in Del Ray Murder Investigation
- Johnson Likely to Be Charged in Roehrs' Murder
- Roehrs’ Death Ruled a Homicide
- Victim in Suspicious Death Identified as Elmer Roehrs
- Alexandria Police Investigate Suspicious Death in Holly Street Home